You have spent years dreaming of your first safari. You've heard many stories, probably read books and magazine articles on the subject. After agonising who to hunt with and where to hunt, you now have booked everything. But there is one detail you need to think about, which too few consider. What happens to your trophy after the hunt?
Sure, the hides need looking after, be it for a rug, shoulder or full mount, and you may have given much thought to the taxidermy work, but you might not have factored in the shipping of your trophy back home. A real grudge purchase if ever there was one, which has become an increasingly - and unnecessarily - expensive component of the hunt in Africa. As publisher of the African Hunting Gazette, we had heard enough about the high premium the hunting industry has been charging you hunters. Therefore, as of September 1, 2016, we established AHG Shipping.
We offer a unique solution which, in today’s world, is rare. Here’s why:
- We are based right at Joburg’s OR Tambo Airport - so we get you great rates.
- AHG Shipping is the only African trophy shipping company both sides of the Atlantic – so we are in your time zone!
- We can offer a door-to-door service if you wish, or work with your clearing agent of choice.
- We exhibit at all the major shows in the USA (DSC and SCI) and have done for 20 years so you can always find us.
- Our risk cover is the most comprehensive and covers you from the taxidermist all the way to your home.
- Our motto says it all – Save Money – Hunt More.